The mission of Associated Independent Dramatic Artists (AIDA) is to:
* Facilitate the development and production of works in the field of dramatic arts within the Greater Cincinnati area, and beyond
* Facilitate the development of local dramatic artists and craftspeople
* Generate diversity and vitality through the promotion of independent dramatic arts productions
* Provide established and establishing production organizations with a vital and convenient source of funding
* Broaden availability and appreciation of dramatic arts diversity and vitality within the arts field
* Create, develop and foster the proliferation of democratic business structures
AIDA serves individuals and groups of dramatic artists and craftspeople in producing works in the dramatic arts.
* Provides opportunities for dramatic artists and craftspeople to develop and exlore talents
* Assists in the development and production of innovative and diverse works in the dramatic arts that have the potential of creating new categories of artistic value
* Deepens understanding and appreciation of the dramatic arts among people within the Greater Cincinnati area, and beyond
* Generates community involvement in the dramatic arts through professional-based, community-based, college-based, high school-based, grade school-based, industrial-based, and other-based modes of production
* Extends involvement in dramatic arts productions throughout neighboring cities and states, and beyond
A.I.D.A. is a democratic, non-hierarchical organization that seeks to promote excellence, innovation and diversity in the dramatic arts through the equalization of the decision-making power of its voting professional members. Voting Membership is open to anyone 18 years old or older interested in the development of the dramatic arts within the Greater Cincinnati Area, and beyond.
* All submitted production proposals will be treated in a facilitative manner. Production proposals are developed by producers in conjunction with the Project Facilitation Committee. The PFC also reviews and assesses the proposals, determining their strengths and weaknesses, and recommending how the proposals can best be developed for production. Recommendations could range from specific schooling to dispensing the funds necessary for production. Committee recommendations can be overridden by the project production body if certain pre-determined criteria are met. These criteria are determined democratically by the Voting Members. This is to insure that the Project Facilitation Committee acts facilitatively and not authoritatively.
* The non-hierarchical organizational structure is designed to:
- maximize the power of each individual
- maximize the initiative of each individual
- maximize the self-determination of each individual
- minimize the power of any single individual or group of
- minimize the tendency to let others do the thinking
- minimize conformity to anyone's values other than one's